Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Things that Warm My Heart

As a Recruiting Professional there are 2 things that warm my heart
A) Helping a person find a new job
B) Having a candidate I place call me down the road letting me know they were promoted

Below is a a quick story that made my week.

I recently received word that a Manufacturing Engineer I placed at a company 1.5 yrs ago was recently promoted to Manager. Something I knew was inevitable as this person is a true professional, is as brilliant as can be and is truly one of the nicest people you could ever meet.
Anyway I had the opportunity to speak with this person today, congratulating him on his promotion to which he replied " I couldn't have done it without you". I laughed for a minute to which he replied, " I am being serious, because of you helping me find this job, I am where I am today".

I was immediately humbled, honored and touched by his statement.

Although petty to some, not to me!

Have a Great Week and Happy Holidays!

No comments: