Thursday, February 2, 2012

I sent a Thank You email....Now what do I do?

I had an individual recently ask me, " I had an interview with a company a month ago, I sent a follow up Thank You and haven't heard a thing. What should I do?"

What I suggested was this:

A) Give a call into the HR person you interviewed with as well as the Hiring Manager and point blank ask them for a status update

B) Send one more follow up email reiterating your interest in both the company and the position and wanted to get an update.

After doing this, put it out of your mind. Chances are the position has been filled or has gone on hold and unfortunately you should have been notified one way or another.


Working in HR I know how crazy it gets but shame on the Recruiters/HR people that don't give a courtesy follow up to the candidate. Put yourself in their shoes. Give them closure!!


About Shawn:
I am a 10 year recruiter having worked both for agencies as well as corporate America. I understand how the game is played and am always willing to help. Should you have any questions as it relates to your resume, interviewing, follow up etc I can be reached at sschantz@cardalifesciences.com

No comments: