Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Updates - time to rant

Hi All,



Been some time since I last updated as I hope this all finds you well. Let's get the negative right out of the way and end on a good note!



Had a "scheduled" 11:00 am interview in Brockton with a Billion Dollar service based company that has been listed in Fortune Magazine multiple years for being "the most admired company". Long story short I drive 75 miles each way and arrive shortly before 11 am greeted by the receptionist who signs me in and disappears. Time passes and before I know it, it is 12 and everyone is breaking for lunch. An employee asks what I am there for as I tell him an 11 am interview with Chris the DM. Gentleman says, unfortunately he is in meetings all day and would I want to come back later? I nicely declined stating I just drove from Sturbridge and if Chris is in his CT office to give me a call.



I get home and contact HR asking if I was not put on the schedule to which I was told, Chris didn't know his meeting was going to run long. OK, I understand this but no one could come out and tell me this while I was in the waiting room? Here we are a week later and I still have not heard a peep from the company. Now I know there are alot of people on the market but is this the proper way to treat a potential employee?

Onto more positive things...

The economy seems to be picking up as more and more people I know are finding positions both in their fields and at a comfortable salary.

And lastly, can't believe my kids are now 5 & 2 with Birthdays on the 22nd and 30th of April....Boy how time flies....

Be well and Make it a Great day!

No comments: