Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Humbling Experience

Well it has been a few weeks now and let me say it has been quite humbling. Now being on the other side and having to deal with recruiters. Instead of me asking the questions.....What are you looking for in your next job opportunity, commute range, salary etc, I am now the one providing these answers. Funny how things come around.

And the one thing I realized...I was really damn good at what I did! It's obvious as there are alot of colleagues, friends etc that have heard the news and have tracked me down offering any and all assistance. To all of you, THANK YOU!

Recruiter Interactions I have come across:

" I have a great opportunity in Burlington for you..." Interesting I live in Sturbridge.....NEXT!

Shawn: Can you tell me a little about your client?
Recruiter: "I really don't know much, let me send you their website"

Recruiter - I have a great Data Processing position for you, pays $12 hr
Shawn - Huh? Next.........

Recruiter Call - I have a great job for you doing X, I'll send you the job description and let me know what you think. Never once asking me the important questions of salary, commute etc etc.

It just baffles me as to how these recruiters/agencies stay in business. And worse, these are the idiots that tarnish the my reputation and allot of the other great recruiters out there.

Anyway keep in touch, all the best and of course Make it a Great Week!

Shawn
sschantz@gmail.com

No comments: